The Town of Ballymoney and the Townlands of Glebe and Townparks
The town of Ballymoney was located within the townlands of Townparks and Glebe. The map which is part of sheet 17 for Co. Antrim (PRONI Ref. OS/6/1/17) shows the town located mainly within the townland of Townparks with the glebe encroaching on parts of Church Street and Meetinghouse Street. Townparks was a big townland stretching from the townland of Semicock, shown in the north-west corner of this map, down to Ballybrakes, and beyond, in the south. By 1833 the town had begun to expand into the Glebe but this encroachment was to increase substantially as the nineteenth century progressed.