Landlords in North Antrim c.1860
below shows some of the estates in North Antrim c.1860 (source
Griffith's Printed Valuation). Originally, all of these townlands
belonged to the Earl of Antrim but over the years many were
sold off. Note that the Earl retained the towns of Ballymoney
and Portrush and some of the adjoining townlands. In many of
the estates the townlands were not contiguous and were scattered
across the wider area. This map should be used in conjunction
with the Landlord of each Townland in North and Mid Antrim
c.1860 [Sorted by Townland] database. This will show all
of the townlands in the are owned by a particular landlord.
W. Macafee 2012.