James O'Hagan's Map of Coleraine in 1845
This map of Coleraine in 1845 by James O'Hagan shows Church Street stretching from the Diamond in the west to Kingsgate Street in the east. The south side of the street runs from the corner with the Diamond to the corner with Society Street. The north side of the street, where the church is situated, runs from the corner with the Diamond to the corner of a lane on the east side of the church which divides Church Street from Kingsgate Street. This lane and Society Street are on a line which marks the location of the seventeenth century ramparts which enclosed the town, hence the reason for the street name Kingsgate Street. The map also shows the streets in Killowen on the west bank of the Bann and most of the streets on the east bank. Some streets have different names from today - Preaching House Lane is now Queen Street; Meetinghouse Street and Place are now Abbey Street; Rosemary Lane is now Park Street.