Church Street Coleraine, North Side: 1960s

[Griffith's Nos. 23-34 + 18 The Diamond]

This photograph, taken in the mid-1960s, shows the north side of the street [Nos. 23 to 34 on the 1859 Griffith's Map + 18 The Diamond] from Simpson & Hill to Tweedy Acheson's corner at the Diamond. Beyond Simpson & Hill, and not shown in the photograph, would have been T. D. MacFarlane (Ford Depot) [Nos. 21 & 22]. Between Simpson & Hill and Park Street [Rosemary Lane] were Alf's (Fancy Goods), The Wimpy Bar, Triangle Fancy Goods Shop and R. McMeekin & Sons (House Furnishers).  Beyond Park Street, Easiephit (Shoes) and William McCloskey (Barber) can be seen. The rest of the shops towards Tweedy Acheson's corner can be seen more clearly in the next photograph.

[Next]    [Previous]


Courtesy of R. Anderson & T. McDonald.